Role Type: Full time; 12 month CDD
Department: Group Chief Financial Officer
Salary: Senior Manager 1 – Attractive remuneration
- Change Management – Establish common goals and develop a supportive company culture
- Leverage your deep leadership experience
- Work with stakeholders at the forefront of pandemic response, cancer research and more
About the role
In this role, you will work with the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences (MDHS) – a leading health faculty with a renowned global presence – to support the effective achievement of strategic and operational objectives. Partnering with a complex portfolio comprising six distinct schools and various medical research institute associations and hospital affiliations, you will work with stakeholders at the forefront of cutting-edge medical discovery.
In this time-limited opportunity, you will need to quickly build trust with stakeholders at all levels to effectively influence decision-making and navigate difficult conversations in a multi-faceted environment.
Drawing on your deep financial expertise, extensive leadership experience, and in-depth knowledge of change management, you will provide solution-focused advice to align stakeholders with differing viewpoints, remove barriers, and achieve results. positive results.
In a typical week at work, you can:
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate the financial performance of the Faculty, ensure that financial resources are allocated effectively, provide financial information and decision-making support
- Provide strategic guidance and advice to senior management on key financial deliverables including budget, forecast and year-end
- Translate complex technical information into an engaging and easy-to-understand format for senior management, including the Faculty Dean or Faculty COO
- Lead, coach and support the professional development of the team, creating opportunities for capacity building
A confident and skilled communicator, you have the ability to convey complex information and decisions in a sensitive and assured manner. You will understand how to quickly build trust and build strong, reliable and professional relationships with stakeholders in a time-constrained environment.
Your in-depth change management experience enables you to anticipate risks and approach and resolve any situation with a balance of stability, flexibility and a positive attitude.
With a high degree of autonomy and initiative, you seek to challenge yourself to navigate our complex, unique and very exciting medical research space
You will also have:
- Fully qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Practicing Accountant (CPA) or Institute of Chartered Management Accountants (CIMA); and
- Graduate or postgraduate degrees in finance, accounting or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of experience and relevant education/training.
- In-depth expertise and knowledge of financial management, financial planning and associated processes in complex environments.
- Excellent data visualization and storytelling skills to distill complex numbers and results into meaningful insights
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize, work independently, manage and perform concurrent tasks at a high level
About the University of Melbourne
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s No. 1 university and is consistently ranked among the top universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement
About the Chief Financial Officer Group
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) group provides financial expertise and leadership to ensure that the University remains financially viable in the short and long term. Some of our activities include developing and implementing financial strategy, allocating financial resources, and monitoring, analyzing and evaluating financial and business performance and position.
Benefits of working with us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and meet challenges, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our employees enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible work arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leaves
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary package and leave loading
- Free and subsidized health and wellness services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services, including Myki and Qantas Club cards
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To learn more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those who identify as LGBTQIA+, women, people of all ages, with disabilities or from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our goal is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you think this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining your interests and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide answers against the selection criteria in the job description.
If you require reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]
Please note that interviews may begin during the advertising period, please submit your applications as soon as possible.
We have another opportunity available as Associate Director, Finance and Reporting, in partnership with our Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences (UOM10: $135,003 + 17% superannuation; continuing position). You can find more information by visiting our UOM Careers Page and searching for extension number: 0051806.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritizing applicants with valid work rights in Australia and applicants who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border provisions: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Job Description : PD Associate Director Finance and Reporting SM1 PDpdf.pdf
Closing of applications: May 25 23:55 AUS Eastern Daylight Time